To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2+ Years of experience as IT Support Technician preferred (will consider recent grads, ex-military or entry level)
- Advanced understanding of Windows operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and some network systems
- Interpersonal skills: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Able to diagnosis technical issues efficiently
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT support
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Takes initiative
- The ability to work efficiently within a team environment
- Repair/troubleshoot/ desktops and laptops at corporate and remote locations
- Help and consult customers on computer problems face-to-face and remotely via phone or remote software.
- Strong and proficient troubleshooting skills required (Hardware and Software)
- Basic knowledge network hardware switches, routers, firewalls
- Knowledge of VMWare and virtual environments
- Proficient in virus and malware removal techniques
- Must be able to multi-task with attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Capable of making sound recommendations to clients based on real time information
- Help-desk/training responsibilities.
- The ability to maintain accurate documentation
- Reliable transportation
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Some night and weekend work will be required during system upgrades in addition to a rotating on-call schedule.
- Successfully complete and pass: a criminal background check, drug test, and driver's license check
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D.
Resumes should be submitted online. Local candidates only, no phone calls or staffing agencies please.